Photobucket

News & Updates

April 15, 2010

Welcome home, everyone. Welcome home...

-Shyste









Friday, March 12, 2010

The KISS Guide to the Blood Princes

We're nubs.

I'm gonna preface this post by saying, I understand that quite a few of you may be farther along than we are, and when you read this, you'll probably say to yourself, "well duh..." To that, I don't care. Just bare with me...

Last night we're attempting the Princes.

One, two, princes kneel before you. That's what I said now =P

Anyway-- we're on the princes, and we're wiping everytime we hit Keleseth. Fucker. Everything up until that point is fine; we're keeping the beach balls up in the air, DPS is target switching and staying away from eachother on the rifts...but those damn black orbs are fuckin us up. We wiped maybe a dozen times. I tried tanking them, and was still losing em when I needed them most.

We were theorycrafting sons-o-bitches; trying to figure out different ways for the OT (me) to grab em fast and furious like when Keleseth became empowered. It worked, somewhat--but still failed. We couldn't figure it out. Some were claiming bad luck (RNG), some were convinced that dps was mis-targeting--at the end, I just knew we were doing something wrong.

Now-- I'm a huge fan of simplification. I like to take a step back, look at the problem, and think of the easiest possible way of solving it.

I couldn't think of shit last night.

Sometimes, my guys (and gals) are sooo in tune with their toons and the game mechanics that we tend to view things very microscopically; tearing down minute details as opposed to taking a step back and looking at the big picture.

Today, I consulted my RL friend that has a tight Alli raiding guild on Cenarius (don't hold the alli thing against him, he's good peeps).

Anyway....Here's the solution......




DRUMROLL PLEEEEEEASE

Move the fuck away.

Yeah--thats it.

The OT builds a shit ton of aggro, then right before Keleseth gets empowered, he picks up orbs and moves out of the way of the rest of the raid (Keleseth won't move); that way no one can cleave or accidentally AoE the orbs on him, and as long as dps watches their threat, everything is mother-F'n peachy.

/sigh

I'm ready to one-shot the shit out of these asshats.

/Screenies incoming

1 comment:

  1. For us, it was people freaking out over all the warnings from DBM. Once people turned down anything that wasn't an empowered shock vortex or empowered fireball and actually looked where they were walking we got them down.

    We 3-tanked them, but next time we will try 2 tanks.

    Setting Keleseth as your focus also makes it much easier to pick him up as a target if the Keleseth tank has issues getting the blueberries out of the way in time.

    Blood Queen at 1%. >.<

    ReplyDelete