Photobucket

News & Updates

April 15, 2010

Welcome home, everyone. Welcome home...

-Shyste









Monday, January 25, 2010

The Game of Life: Chance

As of late, there really hasn't been much going on, WoW related, for me to write about. I mean, other than our newly deemed weekend Karaoke in vent, our 25's have been chugging along, making headway here and there, and I've actually considered leveling my Pally to 80; everything's going well.


So well, in fact, that I've been able to let my mind drift on to other things. I know, thoughts other than WoW? I must be mad... But who really knows where thoughts come from? Sometimes they just appear (maybe it was Favre letting me down). And since I really don't have any other outlet to direct them to, I might as well expound on them here.


So I want to take a couple of moments to talk about Fate...

I used to think of Fate as someone that opened and closed doors, serendipitously; and that these doors magically correlated to specific life changing events.

In my epicness (age), I've renegotiated my viewpoint slightly. I no longer view Fate as a Wal-Mart greeter, able to alter ones destiny with an act as trivial and mundane, as stepping through a doorway.


Rather, I view Fate as showing us glimpses of all things in this world with possibility; would be's and should be's, ought be's and could be's. These glimpses aren't static; they move and change and are intrinsically woven through every fiber of our being...


And that's the key. These glimpses aren't doorways. They're not waiting around for us to walk through them. They exist merely to test our resolve; our drive for the things we most desire, the strength to choose the path to reach them, and faith to follow that path when we are at our weakest.


Glimpses that exist but momentarily--tiny, reflective notions of memories that are yet made, calling our character into question; asking us which path we will choose.
I guess the point is, that if you happen to be fortunate enough to see one of these glimpses, you should have the guts to go after it; unfalteringly. Bet on yourself. Let go. Jump.


Frost very eloquently chose the path less traveled by. But I believe that he spoke of that path, and his life, retrospectively.


My path, on the other hand, changes with each step that I take. As I walk through the trees, my glimpses on the other side of the forest, light the night sky...I walk with the resolve to trudge along un-weathered ground, the strength to always move forward, and the hope that my glimpse will welcome me when I reach the other side.   

No comments:

Post a Comment