Photobucket

News & Updates

April 15, 2010

Welcome home, everyone. Welcome home...

-Shyste









Friday, August 14, 2009

Sated: A New Hope

Yesterday, in a big *raise fist against the man* sorta way, I bought a vent server. I was already guildless--so why shouldnt I be able to still talk to my friends while we ran heroics? I'd been wanting to get a private server for a while now. So I did.

As I logged on, I got a hi from "Charlie" (anonimity here)--so I passed out the vent info, and we sat talking for a bit. We told some stories about the past, spoke of things to come...and when the topic of guilds came to the table, there was a sort of, pregnated silence--an unspoken solution, if you will. We had been looking for so long, but realized we were already home =)

Sated was born.

It was almost surreal. Word spread quickly, as if by some dark magic, whispers began appearing from the peaks of icecrown to the valleys of azeroth. And I stood, like kevin costner in a field of dreams-esque kinda way; they started to come.

Before I knew it, I had acquired 2 tanks, and 2 healers, and more would follow...


Guild Memorandum
Sated was created because by some divine intervention, a group of players that once loved to play together, had now split apart. We can't have any more of that.

A "guild", as defined by me, is a group of friends playing together with a common interest. And so it shall be (in big booming god-like voice).

Sated shall be home to good peeps, who enjoy playing together, gearing up, and progressing. All players shall be respectful and courteous to one another, and have fun playing dammit. There will be no negativity or finger pointing (unless its to laugh at someone), and players will occasionally be required to jump in and lend a hand when someone's gettin ganked.


This is our credo.


In all seriousness, I had no idea that things would move in this direction. But now, I'm glad they did. If you're looking for a hardcore, stalin-esque "you suck balls fix that chant" kind of guild, then sated is not for you. You will find that I am much more kick back, but organized none the less. When we're ready, we will focus on progression, and raids will be scheduled roughly around 9pm (like they used to be). I want people that enjoy playing together, that can have an open mind, discuss things from multiple points of view, and understand that true progression is sometimes measured in wipes.

In return, I promise that you won't find a more funner place to be =)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Ari, so far its been a pretty fun experience...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on Good Luck on the new guild. If you ever need a tank or dps let me know I'm always willing to help. Take it easy

    ReplyDelete