Photobucket

News & Updates

April 15, 2010

Welcome home, everyone. Welcome home...

-Shyste









Thursday, August 13, 2009

Guildless

/GQuit.

This command isn't something I take very lightly, nor jokingly toy with. Truth be told, I've really only used it once before. Ever. As Ant and I levelled through the days of SM, we were approached by a guild that turned out to be unfriendly, not helpful, and full of pre-teens trying to cyber the one female that let her self be known: /GQuit was very easy to use back then...

Fast forward to the days of Honor and Glory--a guild that has been quite the opposite. Its full of friendly, knowledgable people; H & G is where I met the people that I really do consider friends now. We've ground heroics, bested Naxxramas, honed our skills, and ventured into Ulduar. For the most part, we've done all of this, and come out the other end, unscathed.

But as of yesterday (and I say this with a heavy heart), the Honor and Glory I once knew, is no longer.

Most of the players I enjoyed playing with have moved on, with a few exceptions--and the roster that I had once known inside and out, is filled with names and faces that I don't really recognize.

/GQuit

It was one of the most difficult calls that I've ever made.

In the end, WoW is a game. I play because its fun. I play because I enjoy the company of the people I play with. I guess you could say that I've grown attached to a select few--and the "fun" part of the game hinges on playing with them.

Maybe I just want to be with my friends.

I've been approached and have the opportunity to rejoin H&G and help to restore it to the tight-knit group it once was, but I just don't know if its in me to do so. The crew that I belonged to is all but gone, and I'm thinking that it may be time to make way for the new class.

For now, I'm guildless...

3 comments:

  1. Wow.

    I just did my first /gquit as part of my little guild being absorbed into a larger one and it was hard.

    We had discussed it as a guild and made the call, we knew that we were going to receive invites within seconds to our new home, but it was still really weird to type that out and hit ENTER.

    Gotta go where you're happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I feel ya. this whole /Gquit thing is just bad. it's even worse because like, half (or whoever is left) of h&g don't know why everyone left. and Kal is taking it to heart. i was surprised to see you /Gquit though. i mean, you and kal worked hard to make the guild work, and then it just blew open or something. i wasn't on for a lot of things, i wasn't in the guild meeting to combine with deathgrip. i don't know what happened in the raids. but i do know that a lot of people feel hurt. but if ya don't come back to H&G, then don't be a stranger at least. keep in touch. you know, test the water when everything thing settles or whatnot. see you around chris, don't be a stranger!
    ~Vic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Contact me when you get the chance chris, I'll be on monday.

    -Erilis

    ReplyDelete