Photobucket

News & Updates

April 15, 2010

Welcome home, everyone. Welcome home...

-Shyste









Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How the battered hilt creates morons....

Yesterday, Di and I queue'd up for the daily random heroic, and scored PoS.

A Pally Tank, Sham, and rogue met Di and I as we zoned in--their gearscores hovering right around the 4500 mark. We buff, wait for Sylvana's spiel, and wait....

Where's the tank?

(He/She/Shim had made a B-Line to the left, pulling skeletons)

"Hey, whaddya doin?"

He wants to farm the hilt.

It doesn't drop there.

I politely inform him of the change to the hilt droprate/location.

He keeps pulling.

I don't have time or patience for this shit.

"Seriously--the hilt doesn't drop there...read the notes."

Tank gets pissed (pretty sure he rides a short bus) and leaves. First Failadin I've seen in a while.

Tanks don't need the hilt. Period. Go farm some dailies.

Thankfully Sin logged on--so I pulled him in to finish.


Blue Post regarding the hilt:
In light of this change, we are also removing the chance for the Battered Hilt or any other epic item to drop from the Skeletal Slaves in the Pit of Saron. The need to “farm” these creatures for the Battered Hilt should be reduced by our first in-game fix and will no longer result in a chance for epic loot or Battered Hilts.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe he has ret off spec and was only tanking to get fast queue times?

    My hubby got in a group the other night with a pally tank that dropped group before the first boss so he could re-queue and farm the hilt. They ended up in the same party again last night and my hubby called him out on it. The guy stayed the whole run that time.

    I haven't even seen one drop yet. =(

    ReplyDelete