Photobucket

News & Updates

April 15, 2010

Welcome home, everyone. Welcome home...

-Shyste









Tuesday, March 9, 2010

WTH Happened to DR???

Arena.

Started this season on the Pally for fun. At first I anticipated myself going Ret and rofllmaostomping all over everyone, but the cost of PvP gear, along with my newfound enjoyment of healing, coupled with the fact I picked up 3 Holy-PvP pieces in Vault helped me decide to stay Holy in Arena.

I don't have any arena experience (about 50 games under my belt now). The last time I stepped in was on my DK with Nicc a few seasons back. Healing in one is a whole 'nother story. PvP gear just doesn't have the throughput that PvE gear does. Well, at least mine doesn't. I'm working on moving my way up--but for the time being, I'm only at 500 resil--and it definitely shows. If any of you out there know the ways of Holy PvP, and can give me a few pointers--Holler! 

So we're running 3's: Di's Hunter, Darth's Shammy, and Myself. A far cry from RMP, I know--but we've had our share of successes none the less...

Anyway-- that brings me to our losses. Now, Di and Darth are no slouches when it comes to damage and CC. But it seems that when we lose (and lose bad), the issue isn't so much that teams are that much better...it's more that they effectively take one of us out of the game. Which, I guess, would technically make em better, but whatever happened to DR?

Match against a Druid/Lock/DK-- I'm cycloned 7-8 times consecutively...no apparent DR.
Match against a Lock/Warrior/Something--I'm feared 5-6 times consecutively with no apparent DR.

As I get better I'm sure I'll find a solution  other than bubble or HoF, but what gives? Did DR change recenlty? I don't ever remember it being that bad...

Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment