Photobucket

News & Updates

April 15, 2010

Welcome home, everyone. Welcome home...

-Shyste









Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Meme? WTF is a Meme???

Ok Arioch, I'll bite (byte?).
I guess this thing's like a chain-letter, and since I fucked up the video-capture in ICC last night, I don't have much else to do today. I did manage to record Saurfang though =p
That vid should be up soon...


1. How long have you been blogging? What made you start? Who inspired you?
My first post went live on Aprill 22, 2009--I originally got into it as a way to showcase raid information, talk strats, basically keep my guildmates informed. Up until that time, there were only 2 blogs that I checked daily: WoW Insider, and skeletonjack. I wanted to do something fun, display some info, and maybe spark some conversation with peeps that love to play the game, outside of azeroth.

2. About how many hours a week would you estimate you spend on your blog?
Maybe a couple. I actually spend more time looking for ways to enhance the look and feel of it; the architecture. As far as the posts are concerned, I'm really an "off-the-cusp" kinda guy. Sometimes I have something to talk about, sometimes I don't. I go in, write the post, publish, and proof it after its already up. =p

3. What kind of experience or background do you have with writing?
Other than countless philosophy papers--absolutely none. Does it show?

4. Talk about how you come up with blog topics. Where do you get your ideas? What or who inspires you? Where and/or how do your brainstorming?
Most of my topics come up during the course of play the night before. Some are spurred by conversations with guildies and friends, and very rarely some ideas do originate from other bloggers. I like to discuss issues that are at the forefront of my mind--funny things that happen in game, ways to better yourself as a player, frustrations I'm having, things I want to know more about; and on the flip side, things I want other people to know about. There's really not a whole lot of brainstorming. I just let the shit flow naturally.

5. Do you have any blogging rules or guidelines you follow? Is there anything you will not blog about?
A gentleman never kisses and tells...I on the other hand would broadcast that shit American Pie style if I had the chance. I guess it's just been a while.

6. Do you have any sort of a publishing schedule in terms of day of week or topic? Where do you do your writing?
I like to try to publish 3-4 times a week. Actually, I'd really like to publish something daily, but often I'm either preoccupied with actual work, or just don't have a topic for discussion. Don't tell anyone, but I usually do my writing from work, shhh..... I'm writing this post from work. Right now. Really.

7. How many drafts of potential blog posts do you have right now? In what medium do you draft your posts? How often do you completely scratch or delete drafts or blog post ideas?

Here's a  fun one to answer: None. Nada. Zilch. Nil. I have absolutely no items in draft. I'm not that clever. And, I think I've only ever deleted 1 post that I was working on. And that was because I was just being lazy. lol

8. If you had to leave your blog in your will to another blogger, who would you choose? To ask this in a slightly less morbid way, are there other blogs that you feel are similar to yours in content, style, or voice?
Eh. Who would really want this anyway? Chances are, before I kicked the bucket, I'd redirect the domains to someplace of my choosing. *Ahem...*
That just happened!

9. Has anything surprised you since you started blogging?
The number of people that find the blog and engage in it. It's a cool feeling to have people other than guildies send me an email, or seek me out in-game, to reference it. Oh, and the number of bloggers out there that are genuinely entertaining. I've come across a lot. I'm actually reading more now than when I was in school.

10. What are your goals or plans for your blog going forward? Any specific goals or plans for your blog in 2010?
I'd like to incorporate it more into the guild site that has yet to be...well...finished. I'd like to get more people involved in it also--maybe find a way to contribute topic ideas, etc.
I wanna go fast!

1 comment: