Photobucket

News & Updates

April 15, 2010

Welcome home, everyone. Welcome home...

-Shyste









Tuesday, October 20, 2009

When Video Lag is the Most Interesting Aspect of the Game...

I'm in a slump.

Have been for the last week or so. Its not that there aren't enough challenges left in the game--I think its more to do with me not being able to get to them. I wouldnt mind spending a few days on Uld hard modes. Would love it even more to work on heroic ToCr. But we don't. There's so much content I feel the need to clear each week; VoA 10, VoA 25, Uld 10, Ony 10, ToCr 10-- and I'm out geared for all of these. Yet those triumph badges call out. 4 pieces of T9, and still, I can't stop running. These aren't even challenging any more. /no more fun

We've been collecting players, trying to get them ready for 25's. Inevitably, our list of raiders is dwindeling. Lose a Holy Pally because our Lead Healer asks him to try a new spec (to get rid of the PvP talents). Lose another because we're bringing him into raids too quickly (wtf?). Lose our Spriest because someone complimented her dps (still don't understand this one). Lose our rogue because he's dating the spriest. My 25 man hopes have now been set to the side.

So instead of moving forward, I'm back to choosing a 10 man squad from 16 players. This sucks.

I try to pug 25 Ony. /Fail.
I join a pug 25 ToCr. /Fail.

Only real exciting thing is the video lag, Stop/FastForward graphics error I've developed over the last week. Makes the Headless Horseman more entertaining. Real shitty though on the 4th phase of Mimiron. Oh well.

6 comments:

  1. Wait, the spriest quit because someone told her she was doing well?

    /boggle

    ReplyDelete
  2. PUH LEEZ don't make me beat that whine out of you. I think if you look at the overall accomplishments of the guild, we're doing pretty well: Basically farming 10TotC and most of 10ULD; several classes in the top 10-15 on the server; have a guild roster made up of people that are fun and care about one another... etc. Right now we've hit a bit of a lull, but that's only fair considering how fast we grew. There are still some challenges with 10ULD and hard modes -- and more to come with the expansion. I guess I'm saying quit with the /booEFFINhoo or I'll /bitchslap you back to getting ganked by Allies in the Barrens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One other thing with respect to pugging 25s: we both wrote articles the other day about being appropriately geared, but threw that out the window with 25Ony. So what should we expect? We had a healer in there that couldn't heal HVH. If we want to succeed, we need to set ourselves up for it. If we can set something up with another guild, great. Otherwise, let's be patient and keep the standards high. I think we'll find that gets us where we want to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What can I say? I wanted to do 10 Ony...

    Might not be so bored if someone *cough* would help me get the last 2 occulus achieves..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone's got to be perfectly honest and say it, I suppose. Konata didn't leave because "someone complimented her DPS"...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The problem with Truth is, that when only a few gatekeepers are privy to it, it doesn't always trickle down.

    ReplyDelete