Photobucket

News & Updates

April 15, 2010

Welcome home, everyone. Welcome home...

-Shyste









Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Unholy, Oh How I've Missed You...

I'm a perfectionist. I'm constantly in search of new raid strategies, DPS theories, pretty much anything that will help me (or my team) edge out the competition. Back when Tier 7 was in full swing, I was an unholy DK--out deepsing some of our servers best DK's (still have some screenies to prove it) and...it...was...AWESOME.

But, since the Great Scourge Strike nerfing (of 3.2?), the spec just hasn't been the same. I recently tried it a few weeks ago, if you recall, and reported that it sucked balls. I jumped the gun.

ElitistJerks reports that Blood out-deeps' Unholy when it comes to single target dps. The margine may be narrow, but these peeps sure know their math on the subject, so I trust their calls. What I have forgotten, lately, is that these guys sim-out BiS gear. Which I definitely do not have. I am, however, rocking 4 pieces of T9, which gives a nice chance to crit my disease ticks--and as I'm looking at the top DK's on the server (I'm #16 currently), I'm noticing that most are unholy. This got me thinking...

So I go crawling back to my old flame (Unholy), last night; head in hands, a bottle of wine and some Barry White...and she accepts me with welcomed arms.

Top the charts in VoA-25, and then again in Ony-10 (hit close to 11k during welp phase). Even against a single target, the triple disease-critting ticks are too much even for Bloods ample cooldowns. Oh how I've missed unholy...

I still don't recommend the spec if you don't have the 4 piece bonus from T9, but damn, it's so worth it if you do.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like your parses through WoWWebStats are screwing up on the healing meters too. I tried emailing them but got no responses, so I switched to World of Logs.

    Here's one of our 10-man Ony runs. Our rogue hits almost 40k on whelps. Our DK blood tank hits just over 17k. I think he had 2-piece T9 at the time.

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/n39XjuWKaxmwqK5P/sum/damageDone/?s=1757&e=2111

    We waaaay screwed up on the timing of bloodlust on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. D A M N.

    Yeah- I did notice that about the healing. I'll try WoL next time--I think I like the setup better also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diseases + Death Runes + blood boil spam = win.

    ReplyDelete