Photobucket

News & Updates

April 15, 2010

Welcome home, everyone. Welcome home...

-Shyste









Monday, June 15, 2009

Dissention Among the Ranks: Leadership

Sunday morning I ran into a scenario that I have yet to find myself in, since stepping up into a position of leadership within the guild.

After Wintergrasp, I hopped into a Heroic Vault group that was being put together by Obodo, formerly of Honor and Glory--it took a good 25 minutes to form, and recognizing the players there, I knew the group was experienced, so I didn't mind. We had a few open spots, so I invited a couple of guildies in who I know are performers and wanted to go. After 2 Emalon wipes, an OT leaves, and I get a whisper from Obodo, asking me to lead the group for her (she's in Japan, and I don't think that she's very comfortable with her english), so I say ok.

Not being in vent, I turn on caps to make sure the raid can see what I'm saying--Healing assignments, asking the Tanks for feedback on the failed attempts, etc. Raid chatter is dissipating, and raid members are actually coming together....and wham!

One of the guildies I invited in, turns on caps himself, and decides to take it upon himself to publicly (in raid chat) tell me that caps are unnecessary, and then goes on to spout off some mouthy bullshit about someone wearing a helmet or something stupid. All the while he's spamming unnecessary BS in raid chat with the caps-lock on.

Are you F@#king serious? Does he think that he's being funny?

After this, raid chat went to shit. I left.

I should have removed him from the raid. Should have. Really, leaving was all I could do so I didn't test out the /gkick function that I've never used. On top of this, he still expected to go into Ulduar with us that night...man I really wish we had an alternative.

I often wonder why people say/do the things they do. I wouldn't ever do that to a fellow guildie. And, when I'm raiding with another guild, or in a PuG, I make sure that I represent our tabard proudly, and with integrity. Leading a raid is difficult. Leading a PuG is even worse. Communication and leadership can be daunting on their own, let alone someone trying to sabotage a leaders efforts. I'm still trying to fathom how all of this actually happened...

I think its about time I just get tougher.

Raid spots are about to become more valuable.

No comments:

Post a Comment